PGIMER 2018: Registration, Entrance Exam Date, Eligibility
Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education & Research is the prestigious institution located in Chandigarh. The institution offers the medical research and training for the students. Every year, the institution conducts the entrance exam with the name of PGIMER . It is a University level exam which is conducted two times in a year. Through PGIMER, students are admitted into PG courses like MD, MS, etc in January and July session. The admission will be provided on the basis of entrance exam conducted by the institution. Students can get the PGIMER 2018 exam dates, application form, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, etc from this article.
PGIMER Exam Dates 2018
Here, we are mentioning the tentative exam schedule of PGIMER for various courses:
For DM/M.Ch/MHA/PhD/House Job/M.Sc/M.Sc (MLT):
|Online application starts||3rd week of September 2017|
|Last date of application form||3rd week of October 2017|
|Last date to deposit the fee||Last week of October 2017|
|Admit card released||One week before the exam|
|House Job/M.Sc/M.Sc (MLT) exam date||Last week of November 2017|
|Ph.D exam date||1st week of December 2017|
|DM/M.Ch/MHA exam date||3rd week of December 2017|
|Online registration starts||4th week of September 2017|
|Last date of registration||3rd week of October 2017|
|Last date to deposit the fee||3rd week of October 2017|
|Admit card published||Before one week of the exam|
|MD/MS exam date||3rd week of November 2017|
|Result Published||Last week of November 2017|
|1st counselling||3rd week of December 2017|
|2nd counselling||2nd week of January 2018|
|3rd counselling||3rd week of December 2018|
|4th counselling||Last week of January 2018|
PGIMER Application Form 2018
- Students can avail the PGIMER 2018 prospectus and application form from the website.
- Students can fill the application form through online mode.
- Upload the scanned images of photograph ad signature in JPEG format. The size of the images should not exceed than 50KB.
- Students are required to keep safe the application number and Password for future use.
- Applicants are advised to take a printout of the filled-in application form for further references.
- Students can pay the fee through SBI Bank Challan.
- Application fee for General category is Rs. 1000/-.
- For SC/ST/PwD category, application fee is Rs. 800/-.
- PwD candidates are exempted from paying the fee.
The eligibility criteria for PGIMER courses are listed below:
- Qualifying Exam: For MD/MS courses, student must hold the MBBS or equivalent Degree recognized from Medical Council of India. For MDS programmes, students must have the BDS Degree from Panjab University recognized under Dental Council of India. Students should have the MD/MS Degree for DM course.
- Internship: Candidates must have completed or due to complete one year rotatory internship training on or before 31st December/30th June for January and July session respectively.
- Applicant must be registered with Central /State Medical Registration Council.
PGIMER Exam Pattern 2018
Check the exam pattern of PGIMER 2018 from the below section:
- Duration of Exam: 3 hours will be provided to complete the exam.
- Type of Questions: The question paper will be base on Objective Type Questions.
- Number of Questions: There are total 200 questions in the exam.
- Mode of Exam: The exam will held in offline mode.
- Negative Marking: There is a provision of negative marking in PGIMER entrance exam.
PGIMER Admit Card 2018
The PGIMER 2018 Admit card will be downloaded from the website. It is mandatory to bring the valid admit card in the examination hall with one photo ID proof. Admit card can be accessed through online mode. It will include the student’s name, roll number, exam centre, exam date, exam venue. Keep the admit card safe till counselling process gets over.
PGIMER Result 2018
Students can check their result of PGIMER 2018 entrance exam from the website via online mode. The PGIMER 2018 Result will be released in the month of November for January session exam. The result will be declared by the PGIMER, Chandigarh. The result for all courses will publish on different dates.
PGIMER Counselling 2018
The PGIMER 2018 Counselling will be held through offline mode. Students have to present in person for the counselling. Counselling will take place in four rounds. Distribution of seats will be done on the basis of scores obtained in entrance exam.
Documents to be needed at the time of counselling:
- MBBS Degree Certificate
- 10th certificate or its equivalent
- Migration certificate
- Character certificate
- Certificate of internship
- Caste certificate
- Rural certificate
- 3 copies of latest passport size photograph
If candidates have any query regarding PGIMER 2018, they can leave their query in given below comment box.