DNB CET 2018: Application Form, Exam Dates, DNB Medical
DNB CET 2018 is a qualifying-cum-ranking examination which offers admission to various Super Specialty courses. The test provides entry to DM/MCh and DNB 3-year Super Specialty courses at NBE accredited Institutions/ hospitals/medical colleges. Diplomate of National Board Centralized Entrance Test-Super Specialty (DNB CET-SS) is conducted twice in a year (January and July Session). It is a national level entrance exam. Applicants can join the courses after appearing in any one of the exams. Get the details of DNB CET 2018 exam dates, application form, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, syllabus, etc from this article.
DNB CET Exam Dates 2018
Check below tentative exam dates of DNB CET-SS 2018 for January session & July session.
For January Session:
|Online application starts||Last week of September 2017|
|Closing date of application||1st week of November 2017|
|Examination Date||Last week of November 2017|
|Cut-off release date for DNB/MD/MS||Last week of December 2017|
|Cut-off release date for joining DNB super specialty courses||Last week of June 2018|
|Result Declaration||2nd week of January 2018|
For July Session:
|Online registration & scheduling of DNB CET-SS||Last week of April 2018|
|Closing Date||Last week of May 2018|
|Exam Date||In the month of June/July 2018|
|Result Declaration||First week of August 2018|
DNB CET Application Form 2018
- Applicants have to apply for DNB CET 2018 through online mode only.
- Applicants are instructed to go through the information brochure before filling the form.
- Application form cannot be submitted via offline mode.
- Registration and scheduling process will start from the last week of September 2017.
- Candidates can choose the exam centre, date and time while registration.
- Once the test centre is scheduled, it cannot be changed later.
- Incomplete application form is liable for rejection.
- Upload a photograph and thumb impression in a specified file size.
- The application fee is Rs. 4500/-.
- Applicants can pay the fee through a payment gateway of credit card/debit card/net banking.
- Application fee is non-refundable.
Applicants can get the eligibility criteria details of DNB CET-SS from this section:
- Qualifying Exam: Applicants should hold the MBBS and MD/MS Degree recognized by Medical Council of India.
- Appearing candidates: Candidates who are in possession of post graduate medical degrees/Provisional Pass Certificates by 31st December 2017 are eligible to apply.
- Applicant should complete their 3 years of rotatory training by 31st December 2017.
- Applicants those pursuing DM/Mch and DNB course are not eligible to apply.
- Candidate must be registered with M.C.I./State Medical Council and proof must be furnished at the time of counselling.
DNB CET Exam Pattern 2018
- Mode of Exam: Exam will be conducted in online mode (CBT).
- Negative Marking: There is no negative marking.
- Type of Questions: Multiple Type Questions will be asked in the exam.
- Total Questions: There are 180 questions which will be asked in the question paper.
- Medium of Exam: The question paper will be published in English language only.
|Subjects||No. of Questions|
|Pediatric Specialties (For Neonatology)||180|
DNB CET Admit Card
Once the registration and scheduling process will complete, the admit card will issue to the applicants. Applicants can take a print out of admit card and paste the photograph in the given space. Do not forget to bring the DNB CET 2018 Admit card along with one ID proof on the examination day.
On the day of exam, applicants have to bring the given below documents with them:
- Printed copy of Admit card with photo posted on it.
- Photocopy of permanent or provisional SMC/MCI registration.
- Any one of the ID proof (Pan Card/Driving License/Voter ID/Aadhaar Card (with photograph).
DNB CET Result
Applicants have to obtain the minimum qualifying marks for admission. The minimum qualifying marks for general category is 50% above, 40% and above for SC/ST/OBC and for Person with disability, it will be 45% and above. Result will be declared in 2nd week of January 2018. The DNB-CET 2018 result can be checked by entering applicant’s Testing ID and Date of Birth.
DNB CET Counselling 2018
NBE will conduct the centralized counselling for DNB CET 2018. Counselling will be purely based on merit prepared on the basis of marks obtained by the candidates in DNB CET-SS. After paying the counselling fee of Rs. 2500/-, applicants can select the institutions/hospitals/medical colleges according to their priority.
In case of any query regarding DNB CET 2018, you may leave your comments below in comment box.