CENTAC 2018: Application Form, Eligibility, Dates, Counselling
CENTAC 2018 will be conducted for admission into various undergraduate courses in the field of engineering, pharmacy, etc. CENTAC (Central Admission Committee) owes the authority to organize the admission process for admission into different government institutions of Puducherry & other states/UTs. There will be no entrance exam conduct by the authority. Candidates will get admission on the basis of their performance in the 10+2 or equivalent board examination. Check this article to get complete information about CENTAC 2018.
CENTAC Admission Dates
Below, we have updated the tentative schedule of CENTAC 2018:
|Online Application Availability||3rd week of May 2018|
|Last Date of form submission||Last week of May 2018|
|Last Date of receipt of online printout||2nd week of June 2018|
|Merit List Published||4th week of June 2018|
|Counselling Start date||4th week of July 2018|
CENTAC Application Form 2018
- The conducting authority will provide the CENTAC 2018 Application Form through online mode.
- Candidates will be able to fill the application form from the 3rd week of May 2018.
- The last date to fill the application form will be the last week of May 2018.
- During form filling, candidates must provide their valid mobile number & scanned image of the photograph.
- The size of the scanned photograph should be 20 KB to 25 KB in JPG format only.
- Candidates, those fill the form for Law courses have to submit separate application forms.
- After the form submission, candidates take the print copy of the filled application form & send it by post/courier or submitted in person in the given address along with all the required documents:
CENTAC office PEC Campus, Pillaichavady,
Puducherry – 605 014
Documents needed for Application Form
Candidates have to attach the following documents with the printout of the application form:
- 10th or equivalent exam mark sheet
- 12th or equivalent exam mark sheet
- Age proof (Birth Certificate or SSLC marksheet)
- Copy of Online Payment
- Nationality Certificate
- Residence Certificate
- Permanent Integrated Certificate
- Special Category Certificate (if applicable)
- Community Certificate (if applicable)
- Nativity Certificate (if applicable)
- Sports Certificate (if applicable)
Candidates can pay the application fee only through online (credit card/debit card/net banking) mode. The fee structure is given here:
|Courses||Fee (GEN category)||Fee (Reserved Category)|
The eligibility criteria is mentioned below:
- Candidates should be Indian Nationals.
- Lower Age Limit: For BAMS, candidate’s lower age limit is 17 Years (as on 1st October 2018).
- Upper Age Limit: For B.Tech, the upper age limit is 21 years (as on 1st July 2018). There is three years relaxation for SC Candidates.
For B.Tech Course:
- Qualifying Exam: Pass 10+2 or equivalent examination from a recognized board.
- Subjects: Qualify the above examination with Physics & Mathematics along with one of the given subjects: Chemistry/Biology/Bio-Technology/Computer Science.
- Minimum Marks: Secure minimum 45% marks (40% marks in case of reserved category).
- Attempts: For SC, three attempts application & for other, only two attempts.
For B.Pharma Course:
- Qualifying Exam: Qualify the 12th or equivalent examination from a recognized board.
- Subjects: Pass the above examination with Physics & Chemistry along with one of the given subjects: Mathematics /Biology/Bio-Technology/Computer Science.
- Minimum Marks: Score at least 45% marks (40% marks in case of reserved category).
- Attempts: There are no attempt limits for B.Pharma.
For BAMS Course:
- Qualifying Exam: Pass the 10+2 examination from a recognized board.
- Subjects: Qualify the above exam with Physics, Biology, Chemistry & English subjects individually.
- Minimum Marks: Obtain at least 50% marks (For GEN), 40% marks (For SC/ST/OPH) & 45% marks (For OBC/BCM/MBC/EBC/OPH (GEN & OBC).
- Attempts: Only one attempt limit.
CENTAC Merit List 2018
After completion of the application form, the merit list will be published by the authority. The CENTAC 2018 merit list will be made on the basis of the marks secure by the candidates in their qualifying examination. The merit list will be released on the 4th week of June 2018 through online mode. Candidates have to enter their application number/date of birth, select course & click on show status button to check the merit list details.
Below, we are providing seat reservation for different categories:
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||11|
|Backward Classes Muslims (BCM)||2|
|Most Backward Classes (MBC)||18|
|Extreme Backward Classes (EBC)||2|
|Scheduled Caste (ST)||16|
|Children/Grand Children of Freedom (Fighter (FF)||4|
|Wards of Ex-Servicemen||1 or 3**|
|Candidate who are Meritorious in Sports (SP)||1|
CENTAC Counselling 2018
The counselling will be started from the 4th week of June 2018 through offline mode. Before the counselling process, candidates will be called for the document verification through SMS/Email. During the document verification process, candidate’s original documents should be verified. Candidates will be invited for the counselling according to their order of merit in each course. The counselling schedule & process will be published on the website or in the local newspapers. The authority will also intimate students via call letters. Candidates have to pay the admission fee through the online mode to participate in the counselling procedure.
Candidates will get admission into their preferred course on the basis of the merit list. After the completion of the counseling process within one week, the conducting authority will release a seat allotment list. Candidates have to download their provisional allotment letter through online from the website. Candidates have to report at the allotted center within a given time period with all the required documents. In case, candidates will be failed to report on a given time, their seat will be cancelled.
If you have any other query about CENTAC 2018, you can ask your query in the comment box below.