+91-9284710337, 7507001709 HELP-LINE: WhatsApp – 9911891493
Scroll for MD psychiatry admission which has already begun for the academic year 2018-19. Psychology studies human behavior.
Duration of Doctor in Medicine in psychiatry is three years. It’s a Post Graduation degree programme. It is a Post graduate Psychiatry programme. A psychiatrist is a medical doctor who masters in treatment of mental, prevention, diagnosis and emotional disorders. This course helps you to train in the medical behavioral and social components of mental, emotional and behavioral disorders and utilize a broad range of treatment modalities which includes diagnostic tests, prescribing medications, psychotherapy and helping patients to overcome depression and stress. Course implicates neurobiology, biopsychology, prescription of psychiatric drugs and diagnosis and treatment of psychiatric disorderliness.
Eligibility for MD Psychiatry Admission
Aspirants holding a degree in M.B.B.S with minimum 55% marks are eligible for this course.
The syllabus of this course is segregated into six semesters and is a full time career oriented and professional by its nature.
- Sleep and dreaming
- Transcultural Psychiatry
- Learning Theories
- Aggression-Psychology and biology
- Information Processing : Brain models of Mind
- Experimental Animal Research and Implications for mental disorders.
- Neuropeptides and their relevance to Psychiatry
- Magnetic Resonance and Implications for Psychiatry.
- Second Messenger systems and Beyond
- Monoamine Neurotransmitters and their implications for Psychiatric disorders.
- Excitatory Amino Acids in Psychiatric disorders.
- Basic and applied Electrophysiology
- Experimental Animal Research and Implications for Mental disorders.
- Approaching to Psychiatric diagnosis and classification
- Etiology and Clinical Profile of Dementias
- Organic Delusional, Mood and personality disorders.
- Concept and Typology of schizophrenia
- Brief and Reactive Psychosis
- Etiological Theories of Mood disorders
- Subtypes of Depressive disorders and their clinical relevance
- Course and outcome of mood disorders
- Paranoid Disorders
- Concept and Typology of personality disorders.
- Antisocial Personality Disorders
- Sem –III
- Anxiety Disorders-Nosological status and natural history
- Reactions to severe stress
- Current concept of dissociative disorders
- Somatization disorders-diagnosis and clinical features
- Nosological status and clinical features of Neurasthenia
- Non organic sleep disorders
- Recent advances in eating disorders
- Management of premature ejaculation
- Psychiatric aspects of homosexuality
- Biological Basis of anxiety
- Habit and impulse disorders
- Models of Psychotherapy: an overview
- Scientific evaluation of efficacy of psychotherapy: methodological problems
- Brief dynamic psychotherapies
- Behavioral Therapies
- Cognitive therapies
- Supportive Psychotherapies
- Psychological Management of sexual dysfunctions
- Comparative pharmacology of antipsychotic drugs
- Short-term side effects of antipsychotic drugs and their management
- Tandive dyskinesia : pathophysiology and management
- Recent advances in antidepressant drug therapy
- Management of a suicidal patient
- Role of Lithium in Psychiatric disorders
- Adjuncts and alternatives to lithium in the management of mood disorders
- Drug treatment of generalized anxiety and panic disorders
- Recent advances in drug treatment of obsessive compulsive disorders
- Electro –convulsive Therapy-current trends
- Human Rights of Psychiatric patients
- Ethics in Psychiatry
- Indian Mental Health Act
- Epidemiology of psychiatric illness in old age with special Reference to India.
- Current issues in management of Elderly Psychiatric Patients
- Integration of Mental health into primary care –Its role and future in India.
- Classification of child and Adolescent psychiatric disorders
- Learning disorders of Childhood
- Child abuse and neglect
- School Refusal
- Pervasive Development Disorders of childhood
- Preventive Aspects of child and adolescent Psychiatric disorders
- Neuro Psychological Assessment of Children
- Dementia-Differential Diagnosis Management
- Delirium-Differential Diagnosis and Management
- Psychiatric Syndromes with Epilepsy
- Neuro-psychiatric Sequel of HIV infection
- Consultation –Liasion Psychiatry
- Psychological aspects of cardio vascular disorders
- Psychological aspects of Gastro intestinal disorders
- The terminally III Patient and family
- Psychological aspects of breast cancer
- Concept and assessment of Disability
- Concept and Measurement of Quality life
- Neuropsychological Assessment and its relevance to psychiatric Diagnosis and Management
- Stress and Psychological disorders
- Psychological Aspects of Organ Transplantation
This degree is suitable for those candidates, who are interested to study social, economic, environmental, biological, emotional determinants of mental health and institute diagnostic, therapeutic, rehabilitative, preventive and primitive measures to provide universal care to the suffering patients. They should have unconventional personality and nature so that they can deal with their regular patients with an ease. Psychiatric supports and help their patients to come out of their stress by regular sessions, resolving their crisis and providing solutions to their problems, the expedition of their past experiences or by arranging group and family sessions. They need to grow skills in interacting more with the people and making connections with the people who have disorders in their thinking or for the ones who are hallucinated.
Advantages of Doctor of Medicine in Psychiatry
- There is a wider scope with this course as they can work as counselors in large –scale industries, rehabilitation organizations dealing with the drug addicts, alcoholism and mental turbulences.
- They can search out employment in private hospitals, regular and mental hospitals.
- Course is lucrative for further studies as well.
- Psychiatrists cure mental illness through a combination of psychotherapy, psychoanalysis, hospitalization and medication.
There is a wider scope for their future aspects. Ample job types are available under this course.
- Clinical Psychologist
- Product Specialist
- Assistant Professor-Psychiatry
- Professor associate Professor-Psychiatry
- Product Specialist-Neurology/Growth Hormones
We go through stringent and legal procedure for md psychiatry admission. Our well organized and dexterous team is going to take A-Z care of your requirements for the smooth admission procedures. Taking admission for the desired course, the candidates may confirm with the websites or can call us or visit us according to their suitability. We will be doing the bookings for the aspired course.
Also Read – MD Dermatology Admission