SS Medical College, Davangere
About : For nearly five decades, the Bapuji Educational Association (BEA) has been continuously working towards transforming Davangere, in State of Karnataka into a major centre for education.
Founded in July 1958, the BEA was established for the advancement of education in the fields of Arts, Fine arts, Commerce, Education, Humanities, Law, Science, Medicine, Dental Sciences, Nursing, Pharmacy, Engineering, Management Studies & other allied educational facilities. In addition to creation of providing a resource bank for the country in ‘times of need’, BEA established and manage Hospitals, Charitable Institutions for the benefit of society.
Today, 55 years on, the BEA manages as many as 43 educational institutions ranging from kindergartens to professional colleges offering post-graduate courses. The association runs 11 hostels for their students – three for boys and eight for girls.
Global canvas, local colours—that is what we, at Glocal, simply believe in. It is the prism that refracts all our endeavours — whether it is our architecture, curriculum design, pedagogy, hostel life, laboratories, café or the library. In short, we simply celebrate the liminal space where the ‘global’ meets the ‘local’. We are traditional, yet we are not. We are modern, yet we are not really so. We understand the hybrid nature of the global workplace and that is why no barriers constrain us. To flourish in the world today, one cannot afford substantive and rigid visions of the good life. One has to appreciate the negotiated nature of the contemporary. That is why we emphasise reflexivity, flexibility, diversity and accommodation as key values. While that is the ethos of critical engagement, we aspire to craft, we are equally keen to develop top quality doctors for dedicated patient care.
At the Glocal Medical College Super Specialty Hospital &Research Center, we are committed to producing top- notch doctors who have a zeal for perpetual learning and are capable of performing well in diverse professional and cultural settings. While we provide the students with all the tools required to successfully take on the world, we also endeavour to instil in them a healthy cultural rootedness that combines the best of traditional values with modern and progressive sensibilities.
Academic Programs :
SSIMSRC Davangere Courses Offered 2018 :
Direct Admission SS Institute Of Medical Science Davangere
SSIMSRC offers both undergraduate as well as postgraduate medical courses for aspirants.
Under Graduate Programs:
- Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)
Post Graduate Programs:
- PG Diploma (Clinical Pathology)
- PG Diploma (Public Health)
- Master of Science (Anatomy)
- Doctor of Medicine (Physiology)
- Doctor of Medicine (Pathology)
- Doctor of Medicine (Microbiology)
- Doctor of Medicine (General Medicine)
- Doctor of Medicine (Paediatrics)
- Master of Surgery (General Surgery)
- Master of Surgery (Orthopaedics)
- Master of Surgery (Eye, Nose, Throat)
- Master of Surgery (Ophthalomology)
- Doctor of Medicine (Anaesthesia)
- Doctor of Medicine (Radio Diagnosis)
- Master of Dental Surgery in Periodontics
- MD (Preventive & Social Medicine)
Departments at SSIMSRC Davanagere :
- Department of Anatomy
- Department of Physiology
- Department of Biochemistry
- Department of Pathology
- Department of Microbiology
- Department of Pharmacology
- Department of Forensic Medicine
- Department of Community Medicine
- Department of General Medicine
SSIMSRS Seat Intake :
- S.M.C. Seat Intake for MBBS Course
- The total number of MBBS seats at SISMS Davangere is 150.
- S. Medical College Seat Matrix – Postgraduate Course
- The total number of MD seats at SSIMSRS is 42.
- The total number of MS seats at SSIMSRS is 8.
- The total number of MD/MS seats at SSIMS Davanagere is 9
Admission Process & Eligibility Criteria 2018 :
The foreign / NRI students should produce the following documents also (in original along with one set of Xerox copies)
No objection certificate from the Government of India (Issued by the Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India, New Delhi) Student visa issued and endorsed by the competent authority. No objection Certificate issued by the Ambassador of the Candidates country or the competent authority to grant permission to stay and pursue an education in India.
- All the relevant travel documents including the Passport.
- Necessary health certificates and Vaccination Certificates.
- Necessary health insurance certificates.
Admission Procedure & EligibilIty Criteria 2018 :
- Candidates should have completed the age of 17 years at the time of admission or should complete this age as on 31st December of the year of admission.
- Candidates should have passed class 12 exam and obtained a minimum required marks, taking together Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (or Botany & Zoology) / Biotechnology and a pass in English.
- Candidates should have qualified the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET 2018).
Selection Procedure :
Candidates seeking admission into MBBS Degree programme must have appeared and obtained the prescribed marks/percentile in the NEET 2018.
Candidate will be called for counseling based on merit.Admissions shall be made strictly on the basis of merit and availability of seats.
Selected Candidates :
List of selected candidates for MBBS Admission 2018 on the basis of NEET will be published online. The direct link to check the list will also be provided here as and when its released by the university.
Document Verification :
The candidate shall not be allowed to attend the counseling without producing their original certificates.
When a candidate accepts the seat allotment, his/her original certificates will be retained by the University, for the period decided by the competent authority.
List of the Original document to be produced for counseling :
- SS Medical College Counseling Call Letter
- NEET Hall Ticket, Rank Sheet & Score Card
- 12th Mark Sheet
- 12th Pass Certificate (In case of CBSE or ISCE)
- Birth Certificate
- Transfer Certificate from the school last studied
- Migration Certificate from other Board from where the candidate passed in 12th Standard
- Character and Conduct Certificate issued by the school last studied
- Medical Certificate for Physical Fitness and mental soundness from a Medical Officer not below the rank of a Civil Surgeon
- Community Certificate
- Recent Passport size color
- Any other document if applicable.
Fee Structure :
Medicine And Health Sciences
Note: NA – Not Applicable
Applicable to All Campuses:
In addition to the Tuition Fee and Registration Fee, Special Fee is applicable for All Medical Programs (amount varies based on program & campus)
First Year One-time non-refundable and non-transferable Registration fee of Rs.10,000/- for programs with annual fees of Rs.1,00,000/- and above.
First Year One-time non-refundable and non-transferable Registration fee of Rs.5,000/- for programs with annual fees less than Rs.1,00,000/-
Examination Fee per semester will be additionally based on the number of subjects registered for the exam.
MBBS/MD/MDS Fees are respectively per Annum :
Our Offices Locations : We are based In PUNE / CHENNAI / NAVI-MUMBAI/DELHI / & BANGALORE.
Note :We are receiving a lot of queries regarding various admission. If we couldn’t answer your call you are requested to mail your detailed requirement in the above given e-mail id.