Father Muller Medical College
About : Father Muller Medical College is a unit of Father Muller Charitable Institutions, a Registered Society sponsored by the Catholic Diocese of Mangalore. Hence it is a Religious Minority Educational Institution established primarily for the benefit of the members of the Christian Community. The Postgraduate program was started in 1991 with MD and DVD in Dermatology, Venereology and Leprology. Subsequently several other Medical Postgraduate Degree and Diploma courses were added.
Being in the healthcare service since 1880, Father Muller Hospital has a rich heritage which is seen in its vast experience in the field of medicine and gives it the reputation of an institution that combines a caring heart with highly professional skills. Father Muller Medical College ranks high in the field of medical education.
Accreditation & Affiliations –
The National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) has accredited Father Muller Medical College with an ‘A’ grade, the first for any medical college under Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore. Also the undergraduate and postgraduate degrees awarded at Father Muller Medical College under RGUHS, Karnataka, is recognized and approved by MCI, New Delhi. Further, the National Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories (NABL) has accredited the pathology, biochemistry and microbiology labs of Father Muller Medical College.
Father Muller Medical College is about a kilometer from the National Highway-17 (the Mumbai-Mangalore highway) at Kankanady in Mangalore. Mangalore is well connected by road, rail and air transport making it convenient to access for students seeking admission here.
Courses offered at the Father Muller Medical College –
Father Muller Medical College offers the following courses –
- The college offers a 4 ½ years MBBS course. The course is affiliated to the RGUHS, Karnataka.
- Students have to complete 1 year compulsory internship as part of the course.
- The course admissions are based on clearing of CET, COMED-K entrance tests.
- Postgraduate degree (MD/MS) and diploma in different specialties (duration – 3 years)
- General Medicine
- Dermatology, Veneriology, Leprology
- Radio Diagnosis
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- General Surgery
- Postgraduate Diploma in the following (duration- 2 years)
- DCH (Pediatrics)
- DA (Anesthesiology)
- DPM (Psychiatry)
- DDVL (Dermatology, Veneriology & Leprology)
- D Ortho (Orthopedics)
- DCP (Pathology)
- DLO (Otorhinolaryngology)
- DGO (Obstetrics & Gynecology)
- DMRD (Radio diagnosis)
Allied Courses :
- M.Sc. in Hospital Administration- 2 years
- Master of Physiotherapy- 2 years
- Specialties (Neurology, Musculo-skeletal, Cardio-respiratory, Community Physiotherapy, Pediatrics)
- M.Sc. (Medical Laboratory Technology) – 2 years
- -Specialties (Clinical Biochemistry, Microbiology & Immunology, Haemotology & Blood Transfusion)
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy- Four and a half years including an internship of 6 months
- B.Sc. (Medical Laboratory Technology) – Three and a half years including an internship of 6 months
- B.Sc. (Medical Imaging Technology) – Three and a half years including an internship of 6 months
- B.Sc. (Radio Therapy) -Three and a half years including an internship of 6 months
Father Muller Medical College also offers seats for admission to graduate courses as follows –
- Students under the NRI quota
- For those applying under the management quota admission.
If you are seeking admission to Father Muller Medical College, you can reach us at 09918883315 for any assistance.
The college fees are payable at the time of admission. However the college reserves the rights to revise the fee structure which is subject to changing rules and regulations of the college/university and government regulations.
Students seeking admission to the college for the current year can contact us for Father Muller Medical College fee structure for 2018.
Father Muller Medical College provides the students with placements opportunity so they can get a head start in their career as they graduate from the institution. The Father Muller Medical College Hospital is also completely well-equipped to provide students with a first-hand experience in a medical career.
Beyond academics –
- The college campus is housed in a spacious well-integrated complex.
- The college conducts fests and cultural events.
- The one event to top the reviews of the college is the interclass competitions which are organized every year under a new title.
- There is enough space and infrastructure for sporting events like volley ball, basketball, badminton, tennis. The college also organizes athletics meets.
Our Offices Locations : We are based In PUNE / CHENNAI / NAVI-MUMBAI/DELHI / & BANGALORE.
Note :We are receiving a lot of queries regarding various admission. If we couldn’t answer your call you are requested to mail your detailed requirement in the above given e-mail id.