Shri B. M. Patil Medical College (BLDE University), Bijapur
About : BLDE University is one of the reputed universities in Karnataka providing education in various medical courses. Housed in a sprawling campus at Bijapur (now Vijayapura) in Karnataka, it was declared a University under Section 3 of the UGC Act 1956, and approved by the Ministry of Human Resource Development. It has been established under BLDE Association, a renowned educational society, running more than 75 institutions in the state.
The constituent college of the BLDE University, Shri B M Patil Medical College Hospital & Research Centre, Vijayapura, was established in the year 1986 by BLDE Association (Bijapur Liberal District Educational Association).
Shri B. M. Patil Medical College has been offering UG Programme-MBBS (with an intake of 150 students), PG Programmes in 18 disciplines, PG Super Specialty Programme in Urology (M.Ch.), Ph.D. Programme in 12 disciplines and Innovative courses like Fellowship, Diploma and Certificate Courses in Medical and Allied sciences.
Shri B. M. Patil Medical College’s research has received major thrust after being conferred with the Deemed to be University status. This has resulted in enhanced MoUs and Collaborations with reputed Universities and research institutes. Good number of research projects addressing social health care problems have been taken up and are yielding information which will be of direct benefit to the people of the region. The University Journal with international academics on Editorial Board is being published by Wolters-Kluwer.
Vision & Mission :
Be a Leader and be recognized as an Institution striving for maintenance and enhancement of quality medical education and health care.
We are committed to promote sustainable development of higher education including health sciences education consistent with statutory and regulatory requirements.
Academic Programs :
Courses Offered at BLDE University
Under Graduate Course (MBBS)
The BLDEU medical college offers degree in Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS), which is a 4.6 years + 1 Year (Internship) duration course.
BLDEU is committed to promote sustainable development of higher education including health sciences education, adhered to statutory and regulatory requirements.
|Sl. No.||Course||No. of Seats|
|1.||MBBS (4 ½ years +1 year Internship)||150|
Under Graduate Course
BLDEU offers degree in B.Sc. Medical Imaging Technology (MIT), which is a 3 years duration course.
|Sl. No.||Course||No. of Seats|
|1.||B.Sc. Medical Imaging Technology (MIT).||15|
Post Graduate (Degree and Diploma) Courses
BLDEU also offers the following post graduation, super specialty and other innovative courses, which are on par with the courses offered by top Medical Colleges of the country.
|Sl. No. Courses Duration in years
a. MD 3 years
b. MS 3 years
c. Diploma 2 years
d. M.Sc. Medical (Anatomy, Biochemistry) 3 years
Super Specialty course
Sl. No. Course No. of years
- Ch (Urology) 3
BLDEU offers full time/part time Ph.D. Programme in Anatomy, Biochemistry, Physiology, Pathology, Microbiology, Pharmacology, Community Medicine, ENT, General Medicine, Pulmonary Medicine, Pediatrics, Dermatology, Surgery and Radio-Diagnosis and Imaging.
Admission Process & Eligibility Criteria 2018 :
- Candidates should have completed the age of 17 years at the time of admission or should complete this age as on 31st December of the year of admission.
- Candidates should have passed class 12 exam and obtained a minimum required marks, taking together Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (or Botany & Zoology) / Biotechnology and a pass in English.
- Candidates should have qualified the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET 2018).
- Candidates seeking admission into MBBS Degree programme must have appeared and obtained the prescribed marks/percentile in the NEET 2018.
- Candidate will be called for counseling based on merit.
- Admissions shall be made strictly on the basis of merit and availability of seats.
Selected Candidates :
List of selected candidates for MBBS Admission 2018 on the basis of NEET will be published online. The direct link to check the list will also be provided here as and when its released by the university.
Document Verification :
The candidate shall not be allowed to attend the counseling without producing their original certificates.
When a candidate accepts the seat allotment, his/her original certificates will be retained by the University, for the period decided by the competent authority.
List of the Original document to be produced for counseling :
- B.M Patil Medical College Counseling Call Letter
- NEET Hall Ticket, Rank Sheet & Score Card
- 12th Mark Sheet
- 12th Pass Certificate (In case of CBSE or ISCE)
- Birth Certificate
- Transfer Certificate from the school last studied
- Migration Certificate from other Board from where the candidate passed in 12th Standard
- Character and Conduct Certificate issued by the school last studied
- Medical Certificate for Physical Fitness and mental soundness from a Medical Officer not below the rank of a Civil Surgeon
- Community Certificate
- Recent Passport size color
- Any other document if applicable.
Fee Structure :
Medicine And Health Sciences
Note: NA – Not Applicable
Applicable to All Campuses:
In addition to the Tuition Fee and Registration Fee, Special Fee is applicable for All Medical Programs (amount varies based on program & campus)
First Year One-time non-refundable and non-transferable Registration fee of Rs.10,000/- for programs with annual fees of Rs.1,00,000/- and above.
First Year One-time non-refundable and non-transferable Registration fee of Rs.5,000/- for programs with annual fees less than Rs.1,00,000/-
Examination Fee per semester will be additionally based on the number of subjects registered for the exam.
MBBS/MD/MDS Fees are respectively per Annum :
Our Offices Locations : We are based In PUNE / CHENNAI / NAVI-MUMBAI/DELHI / & BANGALORE.
Note :We are receiving a lot of queries regarding various admission. If we couldn’t answer your call you are requested to mail your detailed requirement in the above given e-mail id.