NEET PG 2018: Registration, Eligibility, Exam Pattern, Syllabus
NEET PG 2018 (National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test–Post Graduate) is a national level examination organized by the NBE (National Board of Examinations). Candidates looking for admission in MD/MS or PG Diploma Courses can appear in the NEET PG exam. Top colleges and universities of the country give admission in PG Medical courses on the basis of NEET PG score. Through this article, candidates can check details of NEET PG 2018 exam, including application form, eligibility, dates, exam pattern, syllabus, etc.
Get latest news & updates about NEET PG 2018 via SMS and e-mail, by entering your details below:
NEET PG 2018 Exam Date
Students can check the tentative dates of NEET PG exam from the table given below:
|Online registration begins||Last week of September 2017|
|Last date to register online||2nd week of November 2017|
|Admit card available||1 or 2 weeks before the examination|
|Exam date||1st week to 3rd week of December 2017|
|Declaration of result||3rd week of January 2018|
|Counselling starts||After the result announcement|
NEET PG Registration 2018
- The NEET PG Application Form 2018 will be available from the Last week of September 2017.
- Candidates can register for this exam via online mode through the website.
- Firstly, create a profile on the website by entering registration details.
- Fill all the required details such as personal, academic, address, etc.
- Upload the scanned images of photograph, signature, photo ID, SMC/MCI & other certificates in the prescribed format.
- Schedule the examination date, time and centre as per your preferences.
- Candidates have to make the fee payment through online mode.
- After completing the application, take printout of the confirmation page for further use.
- The registration fee will be Rs. 3750/- for Gen/OBC candidates and Rs. 2750/- for SC/ST/PWD categories.
- The payment should be made through debit/credit card or net banking.
- Payment cannot be made through offline mode.
Here we are providing the basic eligibility criteria of NEET PG exam:
- Nationality: Only Indian nationals can apply.
- Qualification: Candidates must hold a MBBS degree or Provisional MBBS Pass Certificate recognized by the MCI.
- Internship: Students should have completed one year of internship or likely to completing the internship on or before 31st March 2018.
- All India 50% Quota seats: Students who have studied or passed MBBS from Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and Jammu & Kashmir states are not eligible for this quota.
NEET PG Exam Pattern
- Exam Mode: The exam will be organized in online (computer based test) mode.
- Type of Question: Multiple choice questions will be asked in the examination.
- Language: The question paper will be asked in English language.
- Duration: The exam duration will be 3-1/2 hours.
- Session: The exam will be organized in forenoon (10:00 AM to 3:45 PM) and afternoon session (3:45 PM to 7:30 PM).
- Negative Marking: No negative marking will be done in this examination.
|Topics||No. of Questions|
|Medicine Dermatology And Venereology||37|
|Social And Preventive Medicine||25|
|Radiodiagnosis & Radiotherapy||12 (6+6)|
|Surgery, ENT, Orthopedics & Anaesthesia||46|
|Obstetrics and Gynaecology||25|
NEET PG Syllabus
- The syllabus will contain various topics of subjects or knowledge areas. The syllabus will be prescribed by the Medical Council of India (MCI) with prior approval of Government of India. Syllabus will comprises of topics like Anatomy, Ophthalmology, Physiology & many others. Students should prepare as per the syllabus to score good in the examination.
How to Prepare for NEET PG
- First of all, gather all the details about the syllabus officially prescribed for the examination.
- Make a proper time-table and prepare accordingly.
- Consider the good books and study materials for your preparations.
- Prepare short notes on the important topics and prepare them at the end of preparations.
- Practice previous year question papers and sample papers it will help you to understand the exam pattern.
- Take care of your health, do yoga and meditation it will help to concentrate in your studies.
NEET PG Admit Card
The admit card will be available via online mode before one or two weeks from the examination date. Candidates have to take the printout of the admit card through the website and paste a photograph in it. Candidates also have to bring the valid photo ID proof (PAN card, Driving license, Voter ID, Passport or Aadhaar Card) at the examination centre. Without valid admit card, candidates will not be permitted to appear in the examination.
NEET PG Result
The NEET PG 2018 Result will be provided to students in the third week of January 2018. The result can be checked via online mode through the website. The NEET PG score will be valid for admission to the current admission session, i.e. 2018. Candidates should keep printout of the result and preserve it till the admission process gets over.
NEET PG 2018 Counselling
A merit list will be prepared on the basis of marks scored by the candidates in the NEET PG examination. The merit list will be categorized into, i.e. All India NEET PG 2018 rank, All India 50% quota rank, All India 50% quota category rank and State quota/ Private medical colleges rank. Candidates can participate in the counselling process according to their rank. In the counselling process, candidates have to fill their choices of colleges and courses. Admission will be done as per the rank, filled preferences and seats availability.
Documents Required at the time of Counselling/Admission:
- NEET PG 2018 Admit Card & Rank Card.
- 12th class mark sheet & passing certificate.
- 10th class mark sheet & passing certificate.
- Graduation certificates.
- Transfer certificates.
- Category certificates (if applicable).
- Counselling call letter.
- Recent passport size photographs.
If you have any other queries about NEET PG 2018, you may leave your queries below in the comment box.