Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination (BCECE 2018) is a state level entrance exam. Through this exam candidates can get admission in Engineering, Pharmacy and Agriculture courses in the institutions of the state of Bihar. BCECE is conducted in two stages, i.e. Stage 1 and Stage 2. It is mandatory for the candidate to first appear in stage 1 and then proceed to stage 2. The candidate must clear both the stages to get admission in the above mentioned courses. Here, we are updating all details of the BCECE 2018 exam. Candidates can check here details about application form, exam dates, eligibility, exam pattern, syllabus, etc.
Get latest news & updates about BCECE 2018 via SMS and e-mail, by entering your details below:
BCECE 2018 Exam Date
Candidates can check here the tentative exam dates given below:
|Online application form available from||1st week of February 2018|
|Last date to submit the online application||Last week of February 2018|
|Last date to submit the fee through Challan||1st week of March 2018|
|Last date of submission of fee through net banking/credit card/debit card||1st week of march 2018|
|Last date to send the hard copy of online filled-in application form||3rd week of March 2018|
|Date of Admit Card availability for stage 1||1st week of April 2018|
|Commencement of the examination- First Stage||3rd week of April 2018|
|Second Stage||3rd week of May 2018|
|Result of Stage 1||Last week of April 2018|
|Admit Card availability for Stage 2||1st week of may 2018|
|Result of Stage 2||3rd week of June 2018|
BCECE 2018 Application Form
- Interested candidates can fill the BCECE application form 2018 from the official website of BCECEB.
- Candidates can fill the application form in online mode only.
- The application form will start from the first week of February 2018.
- The last date for submission of the online application form will be the last week of February 2018.
- It is required to send the hard copy of the completly filled-in application form to the board office.
- Candidates have to fill the Part A first. After payment of Part A application, candidates can fill the Part B further.
- The application form have to be sent to the BCECEB office with the paid bank Challan in the given below address:
“Controller of Examination, B.C.E.C.E. Board
I.A.S. Association Building,
Near Patna Airport,
P.O. B.V.College, Patna-800014”
- Application fee can be paid through net banking/credit card/debit card.
- Fee can also be submitted through the bank Challan in any branch of SBI.
- Candidates applying for PCM/PCB group & who belong to General, BC and OBC category have to submit Rs. 660/-.
- For ST/SC candidates it will be Rs. 330/- for one subject group.
- Candidates those applying for all four courses, i.e. PCMB have to pay Rs. 730/- (For SC/ST candidates is Rs. 365/-).
Candidates before applying for the exam can go through the eligibility criteria given below:
- Nationality: Candidate must have the Indian nationality.
- Domicile Requirement: The Candidate should have domicile of Bihar.
- The parents of the candidate’s must be the permanent residence of Bihar.
- Candidates those parents working in the state, but living outside of the Bihar are also eligible to apply.
- Age Criteria: For agriculture courses, the candidate must complete the 17 years of age as on 31st December 2018. For engineering & pharmacy courses, there is no age limit is given.
- Qualification Eligibility: The details regarding the qualifying examination of engineering and pharmacy is given below:
- Qualifying Exam: Eligible candidates must qualify the Intermediate or equivalent from a recognized board.
- Subjects: The qualifying exam must passed with necessary subjects as Physics & Mathematics. The optional subjects which are also required are Chemistry, Biotechnology, Biology and technical vocational subject.
- Minimum Marks: A candidate should qualify with minimum 45% marks for General and 40% for reserve categories.
- Qualifying Exam: The minimum qualification is 10+2 or equivalent to appear in the exam.
- Subjects: The mandatory subjects which are required in the previous academic exam are Physics and Chemistry. Also, it is mandatory to choose one optional subject among these, i.e. Mathematics, Biology or technical vocational subject.
- Minimum Marks: Candidate must obtain 45% marks (General candidates) in qualifying exam and 40% (SC/ST candidates).
- Appearing Candidates: Final year candidates can also apply in one condition that they should have passed the qualifying exam at the time of counselling.
BCECE 2018 Exam Pattern
BCECE 2018 exam pattern is given below:
- Phases: It will conducted in two phases.
- Type of Questions: The question paper will be of Objective Type.
- Language: The exam paper will be published in English and Hindi both language.
- Duration of the exam: The duration of the Stage 1 is two hours and 15 minutes and 1 hour 30 minutes for Stage 2.
- Marking Scheme: 4 marks will be awarded for each right option.
- Negative Marking: 1 mark will be deducted for each wrong option.
Pattern For Stage 1:
|Subjects||Number of Question|
Pattern For Stage 2:
|Subject||Maximum marks||Duration of Exam|
|Physics||400||1 ½ hour|
|Chemistry||400||1 ½ hour|
|Mathematics||400||1 ½ hour|
|Biology||400||1 ½ hour|
BCECE 2018 Syllabus
The syllabus of the BCECE 2018 is depending upon the subjects related to the course selected by the candidate at the time of filling the application form. The complete syllabus will be decided by the exam conducting authority. Candidates can study the complete syllabus of 12th board. It include the subjects like physics, chemistry, mathematics and biology.
How to Prepare for BCECE
- Increase your speed of solving questions by practice various papers, test series, etc. You should study your subjects on a daily basis.
- Improve your concepts. If you find any complex question, you can solve it only if you know the basic concept behind it.
- Follow the good and effective study materials.
- Make a timetable and go for smart study, schedule your strategies and take guidance from experts, senior’s etc.
- Don’t get stressed at the time of exam.
BCECE Admit Card 2018
The BCECE 2018 admit card for Stage 1 & Stage 2 is announced by the Bihar Board. The admit card for stage 1 will be released in the first week of April 2018 and for stage 2 it will be released in the first week of May 2018. The eligible candidates can access the admit card from the official website.
|Category||Seat reserved (%)|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||16%|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||1%|
|Extremely Backward Class (OBC)||18%|
|Backward Class (BC)||12%|
|Reserved Category Girls (RCG)||3%|
Note: 50% seats are reserved for the General Category candidates.
BCECE Result 2018
Candidates can check the BCECE 2018 result through online mode. The result of the BCECE will be declared by the conducting authority after the commencement of the exam. The result will be declared in the last week of April 2018 for stage 1 and third week of June 2018 for stage 2. The result will be available in our website. A separate merit list will be prepared on the basis of candidate’s score.
BCECE 2018 Counselling
On the basis of the merit list, the shortlisted candidates will be invited for the interview round. The complete detail regarding counselling date, venue and the timing will be intimated by the post or on the website. The candidates will be provided with the opportunity to choose the course and institution according to their preferences. According to the seat availability in various colleges in the Bihar state, the seat will be allotted to the candidates.
If you have any query about BCECE 2018, you may leave your query in the comment box.
For Medical Counseling & Admissions
Send Your Query To firstname.lastname@example.org
Check BCECE 2018 latest news & Updates. Get notification including application form, exam dates & eligibility. Also Get exam pattern, admit card and result