Karnataka Common Entrance Test KCET 2016
KCET 2016 Revised Exam Date Exam Fees Eligibility Exam Pattern Result
The Karnataka Common Entrance Test (KCET) is held by Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) for granting admissions to various undergraduate and professional courses of Medicine and Homeopathy.
Courses covered under KCET 2016:
- Medical/Dental (MBBS/BDS)
- Ayurveda, Homeopathy, Unani, Naturopathy, and Yoga (ISM & H)
- Engineering/Technology (BE/BTech)
- Architecture (B Arch)
- BSc in Agriculture, Forestry, Sericulture, Agri-Biotech, Horticulture, Home Science
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry
- BTech in Food Tech, Dairy Technology, Fisheries Science, Food Science and Technology, Ag Marketing and Co-operation and Agricultural Engineering
The exam for the same is scheduled to take place on May 4 and 5 across 52 centres of the state. As per a website report, around 1.5 lakh candidates have registered for the exam. The candidates can submit the duly filled application forms by April.
KCET Exam pattern
This two day test will be conducted in four different sessions for four subjects. On the first day, Biology and Mathematics examination will be conducted in two sessions. On the next day, Physics and Chemistry examination will be conducted in two sessions. Each question paper will carry 60 marks and will be provided a time duration of 80 minutes to be completed.
List of examination centers of 2016:
KCET 2016 Entrance Exam Dates Application Exam Center
KCET 2016 Important dates
Payment of application fees at bank: March 8 to March
Last Date for submission of KEA Copy of challan at school/colleges: March
Application availability at schools/colleges or speed post: on or after March
Last date for receipt of KCET 2016 application form: April
KCET 2016: 4th & 5th May
Result: May end, 2016 tentatively
Last date to fill the online application for Karnataka CET – 2016 is extended upto 21-02-2016.
Last date for payment of fees is extended upto 23-02-2016
ADMISSION TO PROFESSIONAL COURSES IN KARNATAKA FOR THE YEAR 2016
- Applications are invited from eligible candidates of Karnataka including the wards of Jammu & Kashmiri migrants for registration for the “Common Entrance Test- 2016” for admissions to professional courses for the seats to be notified by the Government in the Professional Educational Institutions in the state of Karnataka for the academic year 2016-17.
- Non-academic Eligibility For CET
|Sl No||For Admission to Firstt year||Qualifying Exam Eligibility||KCET Exam Eligibility||Criteria for determining rank|
|1||Medical/Dental (MBBS/BDS)||Passed in 2nd PUC / 12th Std with English as one of the languages and obtained a minimum of 50% marks in aggregrate in PCB subjects (40% for SC, ST, Cat-1, 2A, 2B, 3A, 3B categories)||Minumum of 50% marks in aggregate in PCB Subjects (40% for SC, ST, Cat-1, 2A, 2B, 3A, 3B categories)||Only on the basis of marks obtained in PCB Subjects in CET|
|2||Ayurveda / Homoeopathy / Unani / Naturopathy & Yoga courses||Passed in 2nd PUC / 12th Std with English as one of the languages and obtained a minimum of 50% marks in aggregrate in PCB subjects (40% for SC, ST, Cat-1, 2A, 2B, 3A, 3B categories)||No minimum marks||By taking marks in equal proportions in QE and CET in PCB subjects.|
|3||Engineering / Technology (BE/BTech)||Passed in 2nd PUC / 12th Std with English as one of the languages and obtained a minimum of 45% marks in aggregrate in Physics, Maths along with Chemistry/BioTech/Biology/Electronics/Computer subjects (40% for SC, ST, Cat-1, 2A, 2B, 3A, 3B categories)||No minimum marks||By taking marks in equal proportions in QE and CET in PCB subjects.|
|4||Architecture (BArch)||Passed in 2nd PUC / 12th Std with Mathematics subject and a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate in all the subjects (45% for SC, ST, Cat-1, 2A, 2B, 3A, 3B categories)||Minimum of 40% marks in NATA for all categories of students including SC, ST and other backward classes.||By taking marks in equal proportions in NATA and all subjects in QE.|
|5||BSc (Agriculture, Forestry, Sericulture, Agri Biotech, Horticulture), BHSc (Home Science)||Passed in 2nd PUC / 12th Std with PCB as optional subjects||No minimum marks||By taking marks in equal proportions in QE and CET in PCM subjects.|
|6||Bachelor of Veterinary Science & Animal Husbandry||Passed in 2nd PUC / 12th Std and a minimum of 50% marks in PCB and English subjects (40% for SC, ST, Cat-1, 2A, 2B, 3A, 3B categories)||No minimum marks||Only on basis of marks obtained in PCB in CET|
|7||BTech (Food Tech, Diary Tech, Food Science & Tech), BFSc (Bachelor of Fisheries Science) and BSc (Ag. Marketing & Coop)||Passed in 2nd PUC / 12th Std with PCMB as optional subjects||No minimum marks||By taking marks in equal proportions in QE and CET in PCMB subjects.|
|8||BTech (Agriculture)||Passed in 2nd PUC / 12th Std with PCM as optional subjects||No minimum marks||By taking marks in equal proportions in QE and CET in PCM subjects.|
|9||B-Pharma||Passed in 2nd PUC / 12th Std with PCB or PCM and obtained a minimum of 45% of marks in aggregate PCM/PCM (40% for SC, ST, Cat 1,2A,2B,3A and 3B category candidates) OR
Passed in Diploma in Pharmacy Exam from an institution approved by the Pharmacy Council of India under Section 12 of the Pharamacy Act and has secured a minumum of 45% marks (40% for SC, ST, etc)
|No minimum marks||Only on basis of marks obtained in PCM or PCB sujects (whicheve is higher) in CET.|
- A candidate who had obtained a seat in any discipline through the KEA (CET Cell) in any of the previous years will not be eligible to appear for the Common Entrance Test-2016 for selection of a seat in the same discipline. Such candidate will immediately forfeit the seat selected by him during the previous years, upon selection of a seat in a different discipline during the year.
- The minimum passing marks for a Horanadu and Gadinadu Kannadiga candidate shall be 12 out of 50 marks in the Kannada Language Examination conducted by the KEA in order to be considered for assignment of ranks and to be eligible for allotment of seats in CET-2016 (The Kannada Language Test paper will be of 4th Standard)
- In the case of Agriculturist Quota, the merit list will be prepared based on 25% marks each, secured in concerned combinations in II year PUC science & CET and 50% marks secured in the Practical Test. In case of B.V.Sc & AH merit will be prepared based on 50% of Marks secured in CET (Physics, Chemistry and Biology) and 50% of marks scored in the practical test.
CET 2016 Timetable
|4 May 2016||Biology||60||10:30 AM to 11:50 AM|
|4 May 2016||Mathematics||60||02:30 PM to 03:50 PM|
|5 May 2016||Physics||60||10:30 AM to 11:50 AM|
|5 May 2016||Chemistry||60||2:30 AM to 3:50 PM|
|5 May 2016||Practical Exam for Agriculturalist Quota *||200||10:00 AM onwards|
* Minimum of 50% marks in Practical Examination is required to claim seat under Agriculturalist Quota. Exam will be on Identificaion of Agriculture-related specimens. Agriculturist Quota is applicable only for Under Graduate courses detailed in Academic Eligibility section, Sl No 5, 6, 7, 8 above. Practical exam will be conducted in Bidar, Bagalkot, Dharwad, Shimoga and Bangalore.
Kannada Language Test – only in Bangalore
|6 May 2016||Both Horanadu and Gadinadu Kannadiga candidates||50||11:30 AM to 12:30 PM|
KCET 2016 Latest Updates by KEA
KCET Application Form
The KCET 2016 application form will be available online only through from the official website of the Karnataka Examination Authority KEA. Before filling-up form, the Students have to fill the personal details for application form. Registration process of application including the personal details, recent photo, signature and exam fees remitting will be done via online only.
KCET Exam Fees:
The aspirant have to fill the application fee as follows
Rs. 650/- for general category
Rs. 500/- for reserved categories including SC/ST/OBC
Rs. 750/- for candidates residing outside of Karnataka state
Rs. 5000/- for candidates residing outside country
All payment made through the e-challan at the prescribed mentioned banks.
The candidates are advice to keep all necessary documents in print form, which may include the print out of their application form for further use. Once candidates will make the online declaration while kcet application process, no changes will be done after.
Candidates may get their KCET2016 Admit Card on tentatively on 2nd week of April 2016 through the official site of the authority. The admit card can be download after entering the full name and date of birth. The candidates ought to carry their admit card to the examination hall. Admit card mentioned with the time, date of exam and venue of examination and personal details of candidates including roll number.
Probably the KCET result will declare on the last week of May 2016, the result of KCET will be released on the official site of the KEA. KCET rank list can be find by entering the Full name and roll number of the candidate date of Birth candidate can be download KCET 2016 rank link. The result will be made according to the rule and regulation of KEA.
KEA Conduct online counselling
The counselling process will be start once result will be published. Counselling date will announce and the kcet counselling process will start from the 2nd week of the month of June 2016. All CET passed aspirants will be eligible for counselling. All academic, category and other documents must be available during the counselling. the counselling process will be done via online mode only.