|Bridging distances : Education
After India gained independence, the Muslim community did not join the mainstream. Either it did not have a common voice of its own or was never given a platform to air its views. The reasons that can be safely attributed for this situation include indifference of the community’s leadership, lack of intellectual interest, educational unresponsiveness and economic backwardness.
Against the then prevailing scenario, the think-tank of the community realised the need for an educational society that could foster better use of education. Towards this end, the Khaja Education Society was established in 1958 under the aegis of Khaja Bandanawaz Trust and thereafter registered in 1966
Khaja Education Society strives to:
- Revive Islamic ethos through education
- Impart religious knowledge along with modern, scientific and technological education to the students of Muslim community, with a view to enable them to achieve all round development of their personalities
- Foster communal harmony, world peace and universal brotherhood
- Inculcate love and understanding, tolerance and respect for others
Caring for Muslim community: Concern for all
Khaja Education Society was initially created to nurture the hopes and aspirations of Muslim community. However its philanthropic approach and compassion for the unprivileged sections of the humanity has enabled it to provide path-breaking service since its existence. It has worked for the upliftment of all, irrespective of caste, creed or religion.
Moreover, Khaja Education Society fosters communal harmony, peace, tolerance, equality, love, understanding and truthfulness.
- To establish and manage Institutions which imparts Islamic, Religious and Arabic studies.
- To promote and provide for secular education particularly for Muslim students and Urdu speaking minority communities. It is, however, open for students of other communities. Also to establish and run schools, colleges with Urdu or English as Medium of Instruction to teach Regional, Classical and foreign languages and also to establish and run Technical, Medical, Unani, Engineering professional institutions / colleges, Research Centres and Charitable Hospitals etc.
- To establish and maintain general Hostels for students, working women and destitute home for women.
- To establish and run the centres of adult education, women welfare and reading room and libraries.
- To establish and run Handicraft, Industrial and Teacher Training Centres.
- To establish Oriental and Indian language teaching institutions.
- To establish and run rehabilitation centres for orphans and juvenile.
The seats of learning established by the Society
The first step that Khaja Education Society took after its inception was giving a new life to the existing schools – Madrasah-i Deeniya and Madrasah-i Huffaz, which have a legacy of centuries behind them. Its journey has continued with the establishment of educational institutions in rapid succession for boys as well as girls…
List of Institutions created and managed by the Society
- Darul Uloom Diniya (Arabic School affiliated to Jamia Nizamia, Hyderabad) Age Old
- Khaja High School for Boys 1958
- Bi Bi Raza Girls High School 1958
- Bi Bi Raza Pre-University College for Women 1975
- Nasheman Nursery & Higher Primary School 1976
- Bi Bi Raza Degree College for Women 1977
- Khaja Bandanawaz College of Engineering 1980
- Khaja Bandanawaz Teaching & General Hospital. 1988
- Sayyid Akbar Husayni School (ICSE) 1989
- Khaja Bandanawaz School of Nursing 1992
- Khaja Nursery & Primary School 1993
- Bi Bi Raza Pre-University College for Women – Vocational 1993
- Nasheman Girls High School 1996
- Bi Bi Raza Study Centre of Distance Education (Affiliated to Moulana Azad National Urdu University, Hyderabad) 1998
- Khaja Bandanawaz Institute of Medical Sciences. 2000
- Sayyid Akbar Husayni Pre University College 2005
KE Society manages four hostels:
- Khaja Bandanawaz Institute of Medical Sciences Girls Hostel
- Khaja Bandanawaz Institute of Medical Sciences Boys Hostel
- Khaja Bandanawaz College of Engineering Hostel
- Darul Uloom Diniya (Arabic School) Hostel.
The spiritual enhancement of humanity
Modern lifestyle and the materialistic approach of man has robbed him of the peace so important in life. The importance of religion and the solace it provides, therefore, cannot be undermined. Recognising this fact, the Society gives prime emphasis to Islamic ethos and basic tenets and endeavours to bring together religion and science for a well-balanced approach towards life.
The age old Madrasah-i- Deeniya and Madrasah-i Huffaz were united to form Darul Uloom Deeniya in 1983. Being affiliated to Jamia Nizamia, the Moulvi class (Oriental Studies), Darul Uloom Deeniya offers course equivalent to graduation and so far several batches of Moulvis (Oriental Graduates) have passed through its portals.
The topics and subjects taught at Darul Uloom Deeniya pertain to Islamic theology and religion. The prominent areas under discussion include Ilmul Fiqh (Islamic Jurisprudence), Ilmul Hadis (Traditions of the Prophet), Ilmul Tafseer (Commentary of the Holy Quran), Seerat (Biography of the Prophet), Arabic Literature and Philosophy. An independent division is dedicated for Hifz (Memorisation of the Holy Quran), Tajweed and Ahli Khidmat-i-Sharia. Emphasis is also given to ethics and moral studies.
The modern methods of mentoring minds
Khaja Education Society c`offers modern education aimed at all sections of the society.
Nursery and Primary Schools
The Society runs an Urdu Medium Khaja Nursery & Primary School with a strength of over 100 students and Nasheman School with a strength of more than 1000 students. It also started Sayyid Akbar Husayni School (English Medium – ICSE) in 1989. This quality institution is soon going to be developed into a residential school to impart education on par with international standards.
High Schools for Boys & Girls
In 1961, the two middle schools for Boys and Girls were transformed into integrated high schools namely: Khaja High School for Boys (Urdu Medium), Bi Bi Raza Girls High School (Urdu Medium). Nasheman Girls High School was established in 1996.
Colleges for Women
Recognising the need for women to acquire higher education in the most conducive atmosphere, Khaja Education Society started BiBi Raza Junior College in 1975. It was upgraded to BiBi Raza Degree College for Women in 1977. Today, two Women’s Colleges are functioning separately offering a variety of streams including Arts and several branches of Science. The Vocational training centre is attached to Bi Bi Raza PU College where vocational training such as TV & Radio Servicing etc. are given to the girls. Lectures are arranged for students on moral education and ethics.
Sayyid Akbar Husayni School (ICSE) is now annexed with a Junior College (PUC) on the 14 acres of land.
In 1998, the Bi Bi Raza Degree College was opted as the Study Centre for Moulana Azad National Urdu University to impart distant Education. The Study centre is now offering graduation courses in BA, B.Sc. and B.Com with Post-graduation courses in Urdu & History. Recently M.A. in English was also added.
As a commitment towards providing professional education to the minorities, the Khaja Education Society started Khaja Bandanawaz College of Engineering in 1980 and Khaja Bandanawaz Institute of Medical Sciences in 2000. In the year 1992, Khaja Bandanawaz School of Nursing was started which provides 3 ½ year General Nursing and Midwifery course.
INTERNET facility in various departments has helped our faculty and students to synchronize themselves in par with their syllabus, strengthen their technical knowledge and upgrade their talents to face competitive markets, after graduation where we wish our students to perform to extreme levels.
A dedicated Internet Lab with high configuration computer systems is provided within the premises of the college for the Staff and students of Engineering, Medical and other institutions of the Society. This Lab has a 24 hour connectivity of 1 mbps bandwidth.
Since technology started breaking barriers in various fields, Virtual World sounds very much LIVE & REAL. Thanks to the technology, that bridged the connectivity & communication gap between the two ends of the globe. Both AUDIO & VISUAL communication channels were combined together, thrown open for REAL TIME COMMUNICATION.
VIDEO CONFERENCING is in the process of being introduced to enable our Medical College (KBNIMS) students to watch LIVE OPERATIONS executed by our Doctors, at our hospital (KBNTGH) and at other hospitals in India and abroad.
KBNCE is in the process of tie-up with various companies for organizing GUEST LECTURES of eminent TECHNICAL/DOMAIN SPECIFIC PROFESSIONAL SPEAKERS via VIDEO CONFERENCING, which will boost student’s technical skills. This will enable our staff & students to participate in virtual seminars, present their papers and more as we wish to integrate with other engineering colleges for sharing of knowledge.
IT ENABLED SERVICES
KES, believes in utilization and implementation of technology, for the better future of our institutions and students. Proposal for providing precise/relevant ONLINE information to the respective parents, whose children are pursuing quality education at our professional institutions, connecting parents to relevant Lecturers/Professors virtually, will become a reality at KES, which will be achieved through IT RELATED SERVICES module being implemented by KES.
A SOUND BODY FOR A SOUND MIND
KBN Cricket Coaching Academy was started in 2006 and is affiliated to Karnataka State Cricket Association, Raichur Zone. All interested students of the institutions managed by Khaja Education Society are given Cricket Coaching by qualified and National level coaches at the special Turf ground. The academy possesses all the necessary playing kits and nets necessary for coaching. The required machinery and tools such as rollers, cutters, sprinklers etc. are available to keep the ground which has been turfed in condition.